Frequently Asked Questions
Who is talentonthenet.com?
talentonthenet.com is an online marketing platform creating a community:
- Corporates (including MSP’s and RPO’s) advertise work opportunities directly to potentially suitable professionals and technical specialists.
- Professionals & technical specialists apply directly to opportunities; i.e. engage directly with the corporate and do not need to use agencies.
- Corporates, professionals & technical specialists can conduct background checks with a company independent to talentonthenet.com
- Talentonthenet.com manages the administration and authentication relating to the background checks.
- Once background checks are complete, professionals & technical specialists can share views, gain advice and generate camaraderie via talentonthenet’s community.
What does talentonthenet.com offer?
For Corporates (including MSP’s and RPO’s): talentonthenet.com offers a competitively priced job board/talent pool to post your jobs and gain access to professional and technical specialists seeking permanent and interim work plus the option to process background checks.
Professionals & Technical Specialists: talentonthenet.com offers the latest work opportunities plus the option to carry out your own background check.
As well as providing a job board and pre-validation checks, we welcome you to talentonthenet’s community; an opportunity to access a range of information and advice relating to employment. Should you require any additional support from us during your employment search, you are always just one click away from talentonthenet’s support team.
How is talentonthenet.com different?
- A solution to corporates (including MSP’s and RPO’s) creating their own talent pools or pipelines which can be costly and time inefficient. You promote to talent when an opportunity is available by posting a vacancy, statement of work and/or search our candidate database. talentonthenet.com does not replace any of the services traditionally provided by an MSP/RPO, i.e. candidate shortlisting, payroll; talentonthenet.com is a talent pool you can access when required.
- Huge benefit for all is associated with creating and securely storing a central talent pool of pre-validated information, particularly ‘confirmation of work record including gaps over 28 days.’ Candidates may have numerous contracts and gaps over 28 days during a 3-5 year period (the traditional referencing time). From our experience, this is the required element of pre-validation which takes the longest to complete. By capturing this information once and storing it securely, talentonthenet.com saves an enormous amount of time and cost; i.e. no more corporate FTE required to handle reference requests and no duplication of form filling for the candidate.
- The work balance is changing; more professionals and technical specialists are entering the interim market (gig economy), often their first experience without a corporate structure and associated support. One of our aims is to provide trusted communities for validated members according to the skill or level. Individuals successfully completing talentonthenet’s background check service (via Access Screening Ltd) can join our Community.
- No agency fees; talentonthenet.com offers a direct service between the corporate (including MSP’s and RPO’s) and the candidate.
What will talentonthenet’s business model solve?
- Reduction in expensive agency fees
- A solution to individual corporate ‘talent pooling’
- Creation of a trusted community for professionals and technical specialists
- Facilitate quicker turnaround time and cost of background checks
Expensive agency fees by providing a direct-to-market model
For permanent hires, the direct-to-market model, i.e. removal of agency involvement, is mature in many corporates and works alongside the agency model. For non-permanent people, i.e. interims or contractors, a more transient workforce and the requirement of quick turnaround times has prevented the success of a similar direct-to-market model in the past. Now, advancements in technology, the move towards a more flexible workforce and the self-serve nature of our world leads to talentonthenet’s business model.
Currently, corporates continue to rely on agencies to introduce potentially-suitable interims. This is an expensive model with a percentage of the day rate charged by the agency in return for pay-rolling the interim and, in some cases but not all, providing the background checks. Talentonthenet.com provides a direct-to-market model between the corporate and the professional or technical specialist seeking both permanent and non-permanent work.
talentonthenet’s impact on professionals and technical specialists:
The current traditional approach to securing work is time-consuming, reliant upon registering and meeting with an average of 7 agencies plus trawling through advertisements placed by some corporates and approaching corporates of interest. talentonthenet’s conduit between professionals, technical specialists and corporates allows direct access to work opportunities removing the agency mark-up which can compromise both day rate and salary.
A solution to corporate ‘talent pooling’
Within corporates, there is extensive discussion regarding talent pools. Talent pools for individual corporates are expensive to maintain well and time-ineffective. Ideally, corporates want to promote to a talent pool prior to a requirement and candidates are keen to receive information when there is a vested interest.
As an example, interims move amongst corporates with similar models requiring their skills. For example, a Change Manager commence in the energy industry then move to a similar project in retail, then telco, then financial
services etc, referred to by us as a ‘carousel of talent.’ The current agency model for interims results in each corporate in the above example paying an agency mark-up and each conducting pre-validation checks. Talentonthenet.com’s talent pool can be accessed by corporates when required either by posting an opportunity or sourcing via the database. talentonthenet.com, therefore, is a highly-efficient, cost-effective talent pool for both corporates and professionals or technical specialists seeking work.
Talentonthenet.com as a community
The interim market is rapidly expanding and many entrants entering the gig economy will no longer benefit from corporate structure and associated support. Some may feel isolated and unsure of their new world. talentonthenet.com supports permanent and interim people by providing a community to share views, provide advice and generate camaraderie.
Facilitate quicker turnaround time for pre-verification checks
Increasingly, corporates need visibility of their total workforce; there is a higher propensity to undertake screening checks prior to anyone commencing with the corporate.
Some corporates adopt a 2-step process when background checking, thus allowing successful candidates to start as quickly as possible. With its affiliation to an independent screening company, talentonthenet.com offers:
- Professionals and technical specialists the option to pre-validate their background thus providing a ‘licence to operate.’
- Corporates the option to background check successful candidates provided the authority to do so has been granted from the person to be checked.
There are various levels of pre-screening available dependent upon requirements with controlled access to the information.
Massive benefit is associated with creating and securely storing a central talent pool of pre-validated information, particularly ‘confirmation of work record including gaps over 28 days.’ As an example, an interim may have numerous contracts and gaps over 28 days during a 3-5 year period (the traditional referencing time). From experience, this is the required element of pre-validation which takes the longest to complete. By capturing this information once and storing it securely, talentonthenet.com saves an enormous amount of time and cost; i.e. no more corporate FTE required to handle reference requests and no duplication of form filling for the interim.
How do I join as a candidate?
To join as a candidate please fill in the form on the candidate registration page. Registering to join us is free.
How do I join as a corporate/MSP/RPO?
To advertise opportunities with us please fill in the form on the client registration page.
If you are not ready to register with us but would like further information on a bespoke service to match your requirements, please contact us.
I have a query or technical issue?
We are here to help you succeed in your work search and will be happy to assist you with any queries or technical issues you may have, please get in touch via our ‘contact us’ form or e-mail us directly at